To grow, we must explore!
'It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken adults' The aim of the guidance and counselling cell is to help the students to grow in self knowledge and raise their self esteem by helping them in understanding their abilities, interests and special aptitudes.
Activities and Objectives:
- Mentoring through individual counselling:- The children are able to discuss their problems, without the fear of being judged and then gain the confidence to resolve them and progress.
- Guidance and growth through group counselling:- Group counselling sessions are organized to address common issues of particular age group through brain storming and active discussions. They are usually able to find solutions to the issues on their own.
- Nurturing through Remedial Teaching Programme:- To help children with special difficulties faced in academics in particular, Individual Education Plans (IEP) are framed. The IEP of each child focuses on the current level of understanding of child after going deep into his class performance.
- Organizing workshops and seminars:- Workshops and seminars are a part of the curriculum of the school as it takes children beyond the class room education sensitize them making them aware of the world around.
With globalisation occurring at a speed never before, students undergo a lot of stress and anxiety as regards their career goals. To help them get access to the latest trends, best practices and choices on prestigious Indian colleges and emerging private universities to top international universities, the school is associated with the ‘Univariety group’.
- Career guidance and counselling
- Conducting psychometric tests to guage the aptitude, intelligence and interest of each child from classes 9th onwards.
- Alumni database for first hand information on colleges, entrance exams, scholarship fee, courses, hostel facilities etc.
- Skype counselling, webinars and chat with career counsellers help children understand and resolve their queries.
- Vandh Chako'- Community Development Endeavours DPS, Jalandhar with its motto of 'Service Before Self' is working on various community development projects along with NGOs of Global Cancer Concern and Goonj.